Confined Space High Risk (includes the use of self-contained breathing apparatus – full BA)
Three Day Courses – TQUK and City & Guilds:
- TQUK Level 2 Award Working in High Risk Confined Spaces WATER or CONSTRUCTION
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award Working in High Risk Confined Spaces
- 6150-03 Water or
- 6150-53 Construction
Please see Booking Form for course costs
Confined Spaces High Risk Entry Courses
Course: TQUK Level 2 Award in Working in Confined Spaces High Risk (RQF) WATER or CONSTRUCTION
Duration: 3 days
All personnel who have to enter Low, Medium and High Risk confined spaces.
The aim of this course is to prepare candidates to enter, working and exit low, medium and high risk confined spaces safely. It involves training on Access Equipment (Tripod & Winch system, Rescue Retrievers), Confined Space Rescue harnesses, Atmospheric monitoring equipment, Ventilation, the use of Emergency Escape Breathing Apparatus and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (short/standard and extended duration sets and/or airline supply systems), Breathing Apparatus control procedures and the duties of the Top Man/Person (Safety Attendant), Rescue Team member and Rescue Team leader.
The course includes underpinning knowledge of Confined Space Legislation, identification of confined spaces and their associated hazards, confined space risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work for Confined Space Operations and the legal requirement and importance of a Confined Space Rescue Plan.
Practical exercises are completed using our purpose built confined space training simulator, within which delegates will descend/ascend and traverse a designated confined space, wearing an approved safety harness and breathing apparatus with face mask/hood. Delegates will be expected to crawl through over 36 metres of variably sized and shaped tunnels under various simulated emergency conditions that include; noise, limited light, and variable safe atmospheric conditions including smoke.
This course is delivered within the framework of the National Occupational Standards for Confined Space Training.
In accordance with:
- HSE Confined Space Regulations 1997 & Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) L101 (3rd Edition published December 2014),
- National Occupational Standards EUSCS03 (Working in high risk confined spaces),
- OGN Water UK V2.2
Course Learning Outcomes and Competences:
- Prepare to enter and work safely in high risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Prepare and use appropriate breathing apparatus for working (and escape) purposes in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in high risk confined spaces
- Use appropriate knowledge for working in high risk confined spaces
- Apply relevant industry standards for working in high risk confined spaces
All candidates who successfully complete the course will receive a TQUK E-Certificate for the level 2 Award in Working in Confined Spaces (High Risk) (RQF) WATER or CONSTRUCTION, a SOTA photo site card valid for three years, and a SOTA Breathing Apparatus E-Certificate valid for one year.