For those who are required to manage, plan and supervise confined space operations, including those personnel required to write a confined space Safe System of Work (Risk Assessment, Method of Works, Rescue Plan) and prepare and issue Permits to Work for confined space entry.
Three Day Course:
Confined Space Supervisor / Manager (SOTA)
Please see Booking Form for course costs
Confined Space Manager & Supervisor Courses
Course: Confined Space Manager / Supervisor
Duration: 3 days
All personnel who are required to manage, plan and supervise confined space operations, including those personnel required to write a confined space Safe System of Work (Risk Assessment, Method of Works, Rescue Plan) and prepare and issue Permits to Work for confined space entry.
The aim of this course is to prepare candidates who have been selected or require additional training to be able to supervise confined space operations, writing safe systems of work for confined spaces, write and issue permits to work and write rescue plans to enable candidates to be defined as the competent person by their employer and be a Confined Space Manager / Supervisor (Appointed/Authorised Person).
This course is delivered within the framework of the National Occupational Standards for Confined Space Training.
In accordance with:
- HSE Confined Space Regulations 1997 & Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) L101 (3rd Edition published December 2014),
- National Occupational Standards EUSCS06 (Manage work in confined spaces)
Course Learning Outcomes and Competences:
- Understand the legislation applying to Confined Space work
- Understand Confined Space Classifications
- Apply the Water UK Confined Spaces Policy for Work in Confined Spaces
- Undertake Risk Assessments for Confined Space work
- Develop Safe Systems of Work and Safe Methods of Work for Confined Space operations
- (Including Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Rescue Plans and Permits to Work)
- Select, install and maintain control measures including hygiene procedures
- Understand the mechanism of atmosphere testing and monitoring
- Develop, install and maintain emergency plans and procedures
- Maintain records and documents for Confined Space work
- Understand and apply the requirements for the selection and training of personnel required to enter and work in confined spaces and be part of a rescue team
All candidates who successfully complete the course will receive a SOTA Training E-Certificate for the Confined Space Manager / Supervisor Course and a photo site card, valid for three years.